4.0.0 does not go to install page

Home Forums Installing MintHCM 4.0.0 does not go to install page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It goes directly to the login-page and shows LBL_MINT4_AUTH_LOGIN_TITLE – also such words for the rest of the page. So clearly something is not configured.

How to enforce the install page? Going to “/install” in the browser gives an empty page.

Hello Vincent!
    We need information from the dev tools in the Network tab to check if any of the requests failed. Could you tell us if any of them are highlighted in red? Also, could you provide information about what came in the response to that Request?

Mesfin TeshomeMesfin Teshome
    Participant

Facing the same problem. This is what I see when I look at the page in developer tools. “/api/init:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)”
    It also says, “Request unavailable in the network panel, try reloading the inspected page.”

I am trying to install it using PHP 8.2

Hello Mesfin! MintHCM 4 is not available for PHP 8.2, only version 7.4-8.0. You can find all the requirements in the Installation Guide: https://minthcm.org/support/minthcm-installation-guide/

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Avatarminthcmadmin.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarminthcmadmin. Reason: corrected the link
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Avatarminthcmadmin.
    Participant

Indeed, it cannot find https://<domain>/api/init. That triggered me, as this should be handled by Apache.

It was a stupid mistake: the hidden files were not moved and thus .htaccess was missing… Normally “mv” ignores hidden files.

Now it gets stuck on the last part of the installation, when it states it should go to the login-page. It shows the rotating “loading” image while the address remains “/#/install”, and then nothing happens. If I manually go the root, then it shows the weird login-page again.

Error in the logs, at the end of the installation:
    [Mon Nov 27 21:12:14.888743 2023] [php:warn] [pid 23] [client 172.19.0.4:55556] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(./legacy/.htaccess): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/legacy/MintCLI/src/Services/HtaccessService.php on line 13, referer: https://<domain>/

(…)

172.19.0.4 – – [27/Nov/2023:21:06:24 +0000] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 200 593 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:120.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/120.0”
    [Mon Nov 27 21:06:24.452178 2023] [php:error] [pid 20] [client 172.19.0.4:37172] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: SuiteCRM is not installed. Entry point needs an installed SuiteCRM, please install first. in /var/www/html/legacy/include/entryPoint.php:63\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/api/index.php(50): require_once()\n#1 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/legacy/include/entryPoint.php on line 63, referer: https://<domain>/

I checked the zip-file and there is no .htaccess there. One was generated during install, but it’s 0 bytes.
    -rw-r–r– 1 www-data www-data 0 Nov 27 21:12 .htaccess

To be able to experiment, I have no persistent directories set in Docker. So I’m sure it was clean at the start – it goes to the install-page after restarting the dockers. All files chmod’ed to 755:

/var/www/html# ls -lah
    total 228K
    drwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 27 21:12 .
    drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4.0K Nov 21 14:01 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 533 Nov 27 21:12 .htaccess
    drwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 17 15:16 .vscode
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 35K Nov 17 15:16 LICENSE
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 229 Nov 17 15:16 MintCLI
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 2.5K Nov 17 15:16 README.md
    drwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 17 15:16 api
    drwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 20K Nov 17 15:16 assets
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 54K Nov 27 21:12 bg.jpg
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 78 Nov 27 20:28 crontab
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 17K Nov 27 21:12 favicon.ico
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 422 Nov 27 21:12 index.html
    drwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 17 15:16 install
    -rw-r–r– 1 www-data www-data 14K Nov 27 21:12 install.log
    drwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 17 15:16 kanban
    drwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 27 21:12 legacy
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 86 Nov 17 15:16 package-lock.json
    drwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 17 15:16 vue

Participant

It was caused by a missing .htaccess, which was not mv’ed correctly.

Now a file .htaccess in legacy is 0 bytes, which triggers an error at the end of the installation.

Participant

Logs:

[Mon Nov 27 21:12:14.888743 2023] [php:warn] [pid 23] [client 172.19.0.4:55556] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(./legacy/.htaccess): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/legacy/MintCLI/src/Services/HtaccessService.php on line 13, referer:

[Mon Nov 27 21:13:07.006661 2023] [php:error] [pid 22] [client 172.19.0.4:46068] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: SuiteCRM is not installed. Entry point needs an installed SuiteCRM, please install first. in /var/www/html/legacy/include/entryPoint.php:63\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/api/index.php(50): require_once()\n#1 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/legacy/include/entryPoint.php on line 63, referer:

Participant

Hi,

I have Installed Minthcm and got the pop successfully installed Go To Login page.

After clicking on that it just redirects to me on the auth login page.

When login with username and password get an error “ERROR! LBL_MINT4_AUTH_LOGIN_ERROR”.

On the console page getting the error: failed to load response data, no data found for a resource with given identifier.

/api/install.php:1

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
    index.18c97867.js:11

I have used PHP 7.4 and MySQL 8 version.

Please help me out to fix this issue.

Participant

Just clear the cookies and site data in your browser.

Tip for minthcm devs: version your cookie-data, so you can do this automatically.

Thank you Vincent for the suggestion! We will keep this in mind. 🙂
    Abhishek, did you try to clear the cookies too just like Vincent?

Participant

I still have this problem. What could be the cause the file .htaccess was created, but not written to?

Participant

Yes, I have done the same but am still having the same issue.

Even I have checked with a private browser and am getting the same issue.

I have checked multiple times but have had the same issue.

Leonardo KutlzLeonardo Kutlz
    Participant

Hey folks! Encountering a similar situation on my end:

Initially, I managed to initiate the installation by copying the .htaccess hidden file.

I followed all the steps diligently, and upon completion, I received the confirmation message indicating a successful installation.
    However, the issue arises when attempting to access the login page – the installation wizard reappears, and it seems no tables were created in the database. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Participant

Abishek, it could be the same as I have. In my case it fails to load “legacy/.htaccess” and then keeps on loading. Main problem is a silent error during install, which causes errors due to a broken.

What do the logs state? Like the errors I get?

And do you use docker-compose or install directly on Linux?

Leonardo KutlzLeonardo Kutlz
    Participant

Hi just to clarify, I’m not utilizing Docker; my setup is on a Linux host.

Here’s the related log (I’ve omitted the full paths and replaced DB connection data with XXXXXX). What should contain the legacy/.htaccess file.

[01-Dec-2023 17:56:58 America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function MintHCM\MintCLI\Services\exec() in /Services/DatabaseService.php:9
    Stack trace:
    #0 /InstallController.php(40): MintHCM\MintCLI\Services\DatabaseService->testConnection(‘xxxxxx’, ‘xxxxxx’, ‘xxxxxx’, ‘xxxxxx’)
    #1 /InstallManager.php(24): InstallController->validateDb(Array)
    #2 /install/index.php(8): InstallManager->run()
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /legacy/MintCLI/src/Services/DatabaseService.php on line 9
    [01-Dec-2023 17:57:25 America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function MintHCM\MintCLI\Installer\exec() in /legacy/MintCLI/src/Installer/Installer.php:60
    Stack trace:
    #0 /InstallController.php(105): MintHCM\MintCLI\Installer\Installer->setupFilesPermissions()
    #1 /InstallManager.php(24): InstallController->install(Array)
    #2 /install/index.php(8): InstallManager->run()
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /legacy/MintCLI/src/Installer/Installer.php on line 60

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.