4.0.0 does not go to install page

Home Forums Installing MintHCM 4.0.0 does not go to install page

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    YuriyYuriy
    Participant

Hello!

Maybe it will help someone, before installation, all services must be started from the user ‘www-data’, other users gave similar errors.

PHP 8.0 is better than 7.4. On 7.4, the initial page issued LBL_MINT4_AUTH_LOGIN_TITLE and authorization did not occur, on 8.0, the initial page issued LOGIN and authorization occurred.

But even after a successful installation, the problems do not disappear.
    The date_indexed column is missing in the logs, in some database tables. I removed the error by creating it manually:

alter table acl_roles ADD date_indexed datetime
    alter table users ADD date_indexed datetime
    alter table schedulers ADD date_indexed datetime
    alter table email_templates ADD date_indexed datetime

I create a document in the Documents section, the creation is successful, but when I try to view the list of documents (View Documents), the output of the list takes a long time, a long request for /legacy/index.php?action=ESList and after a while it is displayed empty, this happens to everyone sections where I want to see View (Candidates, Candidatures, Positions and so on).

In minthcm.log, there is a constant error about the absence of a table in the database

Mon Dec 4 06:47:09 2023 [19968][1][FATAL] [ESListView] prepareSearchDefs: brak definicji pola category_name
    Mon Dec 4 06:47:09 2023 [19968][1][FATAL] [ESListView] prepareSearchDefs: brak definicji pola subcategory_name
    Mon Dec 4 06:47:13 2023 [19966][1][FATAL] Mysqli_query failed.
    Mon Dec 4 06:47:13 2023 [19966][1][FATAL] Query Failed: SELECT emailman.* , campaigns.name as campaign_name, email_marketing.name as message_name, (CASE related_type WHEN ‘Contacts’ THEN LTRIM(RTRIM( CONCAT(IFNULL(contacts.first_name,”),’ ‘,IFNULL(contacts.last_name,”)))) WHEN ‘Leads’ THEN LTRIM(RTRIM(CONCAT(IFNULL(leads.first_name,”),’ ‘ ,IFNULL(leads.last_name,”)))) WHEN ‘Accounts’ THEN accounts.name WHEN ‘Users’ THEN LTRIM(RTRIM(CONCAT(IFNULL(users.first_name,”),’ ‘,IFNULL(users.last_name ,”)))) WHEN ‘Prospects’ THEN LTRIM(RTRIM(CONCAT(IFNULL(prospects.first_name,”),’ ‘,IFNULL(prospects.last_name,”)))) END) recipient_name FROM emailman LEFT JOIN users ON users.id = emailman.related_id and emailman.related_type =’Users’ LEFT JOIN contacts ON contacts.id = emailman.related_id and emailman.related_type =’Contacts’ LEFT JOIN leads ON leads.id = emailman.related_id and emailman. related_type =’Leads’ LEFT JOIN accounts ON accounts.id = emailman.related_id and emailman.related_type =’Accounts’ LEFT JOIN prospects ON prospects.id = emailman.related_id and emailman.related_type =’Prospects’ LEFT JOIN prospect_lists ON prospect_lists.id = emailman.list_id LEFT JOIN email_addr_bean_rel ON email_addr_bean_rel.bean_id = emailman.related_id and emailman.related_type = email_addr_bean_rel.bean_module and email_addr_bean_rel.primary_address = 1 and email_addr_bean_rel.deleted=0 LEFT JOIN campaigns ON campaigns.id = emailman.campaign_id LEFT JOIN email_marketing ON email_marketing.id = emailman.marketing_id WHERE emailman.deleted=0: MySQL error 1146: Table ‘minthcm.contacts’ doesn’t exist

I will be very grateful for an answer, maybe someone can tell me where to dig further.

Participant

Interesting findings. I already migrated to PHP 8.0, so I now hear that was a good choice. 🙂

In my Dockerfile I have:

# Bind Apache User with our User
    RUN usermod –non-unique –uid 1000 www-data
    RUN groupmod –non-unique –gid 1000 www-data
    RUN chown -hR www-data:www-data /var/www/html
    RUN chmod -R 755 /var/www/html

So theoretically it should work…

But it sounds like an access-rights problem. I’ve tried to chmod 777 it. And…. that failed too. Exactly the same problems 🙁

YuriyYuriy
    Participant

User ‘www-data’ must have access to the ‘/var/lib/php/session’ folder ‘read/write’

Hi,
    We are adding additional validation to the “.htaccess” file; however, the validation will be included in the next release.

After unzipping/pulling/moving the MintHCM files into the destination folder, ensure that the .htaccess file exists. The file’s permission should be set to 644, and the owner of the file should be set to either www-data or apache, depending on your environment.

Before installation:
    If you don’t see the file you can copy it from the repository.
    The file should look like this:

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^api/(.*?)$ install/index.php [L]

RewriteRule ^assets/(.*?)$ assets/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^favicon.ico$ favicon.ico [L]
    RewriteRule ^bg.jpg$ bg.jpg [L]

After installation, the .htaccess should look like this:

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^assets/(.*?)$ assets/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^legacy/(.*?)$ legacy/index.php/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^api/(.*?)$ api/index.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^bg.jpg$ bg.jpg [L]
    RewriteRule ^favicon.ico$ favicon.ico [L]

RewriteRule .* index.html [L]

Replace with your directory name.

For example,
    if your instance is in the directory: /var/www/develop,
    and within the develop directory, you have files like this: .htaccess, index.html, and directories: legacy, api, assets…

In this example, RewriteBase is /develop.

Please make sure that you have the correct settings in the following files:

api/configs/mint/config_override.php
    api/app/Config/AppConfig.php
    legacy/config.php
    legacy/config_override.php

Participant

i have the same problem, how to fix this?

Hello MrCellSbst!

Are you sure you replaced the “my-server” placeholder with the name of your server?

Please let me know what error response you get and what your PHP version is.

Thank you for your patience, everyone. We are actively addressing the issue.

Next week, we will release version 4.0.1.

This update includes fixes for the installer to ensure compatibility with environments where it may not have functioned properly before. Additionally, it will contain security enhancements aimed at identifying and mitigating common installation issues at the code level. This will resolve specific installation issues, including those related to .htaccess.

We also plan to release a Docker image with the updated system version (4.0.1) shortly after the main release.

Participant

Installed in /var/www/html, but a base as /html gives an error 500

api/app/Config/AppConfig.php shows /api. Correct?

legacy/config.php and legacy/config_override.php don’t exist

.htaccess shows a few more lines here:
    `
    RewriteRule ^Api/(.*?)$ legacy/Api/$1 [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^service/(.*?)$ legacy/service/$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ legacy/index.php [L]
    `

Maybe it would be good to have us test it before releasing?

If there are no config and config_override files, it means that the system did not install correctly, and we are currently working on resolving this issue.
    A new release that will address this issue will be available soon.

Participant

Ok. If you want me to test for robustness before release, let me know.

Thank you, Vincent! We have one bug left to fix, so the release will be very soon. If our fixes don’t resolve the issue, we will turn to you for help.

Keymaster

https://github.com/minthcm/minthcm/releases/tag/4.0.1 – the new release is now available on GitHub!

Fixes introduced in this version:
    – addressed issues with the .htaccess file
    – added additional validations to check permissions and PHP version
    – enhanced compatibility – MintHCM is now optimized to work in a broader range of environments
    – the installer will now index records into ElasticSearch by itself
    – the SiteURL option will now auto-populate (if possible)

Participant

Thanks for this. I was AFK yesterday, so could not test earlier.

After a finished install, it goes back to install and hangs.

The .htaccess-file is unchanged.

From the 4 files listed before, only the first 2 exist after install:

☑ api/configs/mint/config_override.php
    ☑ api/app/Config/AppConfig.php
    ☐ legacy/config.php
    ☐ legacy/config_override.php

When I manually change the .htaccess, I get the same problems as before (“SuiteCRM is not installed” etc).

PS: ReCaptcha is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY irritating. I always check my text, and then I have to do the full exam(!!!!) again, if that takes too long. Can you please turn it off for registered users?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by AvatarVincent.

We cannot reproduce this error in our testing environments and want to get to the bottom of the issue as quickly as possible. Could we take a look at your installation environment? We’ve sent you an email.

Participant

Thanks, I’ve replied with full instructions how to use Docker with MintHCM 4.x, which used to work fine with 3.x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.